Saturday, January 5, 2013

Watercolor Paintings on Display to Dry

In my art studio loft for my students, I have the kids "loft dry" their watercolor paintings by hanging them on a wire with clothes pins.  In addition, we pin a ruler with clothes pins to the bottom backings of the paintings in order to keep the painting from curling.

  Not only do my students enjoy seeing their art on the walls, but it is a quick and easy way to rotate art as well. This has been especially helpful for small paintings of 8 by 10 or larger, but I imagine you could use a yard stick for even larger images.  Our favorite way to display the paintings while drying has been to hang them within a picture frame with no glass or backing.  To learn how to wire a frame like this, see a quick and simple tutorial with pictures that I have posted on my craft blog:


If you don't have rulers, you could also use thick cardboard strips or paint mixing sticks, too.  
I hope this helps! 

No comments: